Diagnosis Murder: The Complete Collection- #6600
Legendary, five-time Emmy Award-winner Dick Van Dyke – recognized for his iconic TV roles in 2013 with a “Lifetime Achievement Award by the Screen Actors Guild – enjoyed yet another hit series for eight seasons (1993-2001) as Dr. Mark Sloan on CBS’ hour-long murder mystery, Diagnosis Murder.
As chief of internal medicine at Community General Hospital in Los Angeles and a L.A.P.D. consultant, Sloan has a knack for getting into trouble, negotiating the twists and turns of mysteries and solving crimes with the help of his son, Steve, a homicide detective played by real-life son Barry Van Dyke.
Diagnosis Murder began as a spin-off of Jake and the Fatmanand then launched three TV movies, followed by a weekly television series that aired for eight seasons. Two more TV movies aired after the series ended.
- The series has current re-runs on cable TV in 2013
- The average IMDb rating for the series is 7/10
- Region 1 ( US/Canada )
BONUS:In addition to all eight, complete seasons of the hit series, this 51-disc special edition includes:
- The three original TV pilot movies and two reunion TV films.
- The original pilot episode where Dr. Mark Sloan makes his first appearance on TV from Jake and the Fatman, through which the series became a spin-off.
- A bonus episode of the beloved detective series, Mannix
- A bonus clip from Season 5 where Dr. Mark Sloan meets Rob Petrie from The Dick Van Dyke Show in the episode Obsession Pt. II